Interfaith Dialogue presents numerous opportunities for both individuals and groups to come together for discussion. Dialogue is a facilitated process that encourages participants to grow in their relationships with one another, to explore areas of mutual understanding, and to find common ground about their beliefs.
As facilitators, we seek to build relationships around
- identity, the life experience that brings each participant to the dialogue experience
- interests, what people care about
- power, especially the capacity to act together to influence the course of events with few material resources
- perceptions, misperceptions, and stereotypes about others
- patterns of interaction among those involved, including respect for the beliefs and faith perspectives of those whose positions differ from one’s own